These are the 2 best Relaxation techniques to cure depression immediately!
This is a two minute process, which recharges your body, mind and heart immediately releasing stress.
There are several relaxation techniques, you can use whatever suits you.
Relaxation is the first and last step you should take to cure depression and stress. Though it does not equal to medication but it is quite helpful to release stress immediately. Besides relieving stress, relaxation improves body efficiently and immunity to fight against blood pressure, heart diseases and other symptoms of stress.
There are several relaxation techniques, you can use whatever suits you. We can differentiate them in two main categories; (1) Quick Relaxation and (2) Long Term Relaxation. Quick relaxation techniques give you immediately relief in stress, while the long term relaxation techniques facilitate you stress free mind for long time. Let us know what these techniques are.
Quick Relaxation Techniques
This is a two minute process, which recharges your body, mind and heart immediately releasing stress. The process is as follow.
- Loosen your clothing and get comfortable on a chair or bed.
- Close your eyes and flex the muscles in our toes. Do as much as you can. Hold for a count of 10. Now relax and feel the pleasure of release from tension.
- Tighten the muscles in your feet. Hold for a count of 10. Relax and again enjoy the sensation of releasing stressed muscles.
- Move slowly up through your other body parts – focusing on legs, thighs, abdomen, back, chest, hands, neck and face. Simply contracting and relaxing muscles of each body part awakens your body tissues.
During the complete process, breathe slowly.
Long Term Relaxation Techniques
It is quite similar to quick relaxation process but it goes each and every part of body. Follow this procedure.
- Tighten your right toe. Hold it for a count of 5. Now let go and relax. Breathe slowly and deeply. Feel the difference in feelings between both toes.
- Now stretch your left toe, hold at this level and relax. Let the feeling of relaxing pleasure spread through the legs and the rest of the body.
- Move slowly up through your body – both legs, thighs, private parts, abdomen, back, chest, both hands, neck, face, scalp etc.
- Now minimally tense every muscle in your body so that you just feel the minimum tensions… jaws… eyes… shoulders… arms… chest… back… legs… stomach… Be sure you keep breathing. Feel the minimum tension in every part. Let your whole body relax. Feel a wave of calmness as your stop tensing.
Now, with your eyes closed, take a deep breath and hold it. Note all the minimum tensions… Exhale and feel the relaxation and calmness developing… Note the feeling of heaviness.